Organizations in many regulated industries are focusing on Data Governance as a core capability. Arete Consulting has the following core capabilities to address our client Data Governance needs and strategy:
- Data Profiling
- Data Quality Management
- Metadata Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Execution Organization and Engagement Model
Our capabilities help organizations
- Organize data into data domains and a provide a mechanism to carve out Critical Elements only
- Profile data by data domain to establish baseline quality metrics
- Improve data quality through prioritization of data remediation efforts
- Establish data policies and procedures and help organizations operationalize the policies and implement the procedures
- Establish Enterprise Definitions that are across various lines of businesses and core functions such as Risk, Finance, etc.
- Establish forums where data quality issues and remediation plans are discussed, allowing ownership and stewardship to be established for highly critical issues
Our practitioners focus on implementing industry leading tools that support metadata management and the data lineage processes for an enterprise. Our practitioners leverage industry leading frameworks such as DAMA and DCAM to evaluate maturity of data management and governance and establish goals and roadmap based on the scorecards produced.